Wednesday, November 18, 2009

1964 Fiat 1600S OSCA Pininfarina

This is a very rare car no matter where in the world you live. Evolved from the more common but equally beautiful 1200, 1300, and 1500 models, the Pininfarina-styled 1600S features a 90hp OSCA engine, four wheel disc brakes, and a unique front fascia. In 1964 it came with a 4-speed transmission. This car was produced from 1963 to 1966, the era just before the 124, 850, and Dino came to be.


This 1964 model was originally registered in Rome and was imported into Canada in 2004, and then to California in 2006. It has been repainted to a classic red, and the seller has put an extraordinary amount of effort into making this car perfect down to the minor details. He states, "Everything works perfectly. Everything." Any parts that were not perfect seem to have been replaced or repaired, and the attention to detail really shows, especially on the interior. The car looks cleaner and newer than many new cars I've seen in showrooms.


Before the car was completely finished, it placed 3rd in it's class at the Palos Verde Councours d'Elegance, which appears to be where the photos were taken. It would definitely be a hit with any Italian car crowd. I doubt many will recognize the unique look of this car. There seems to be extremely little information online specifically regarding the 1600 model, so any technical information the seller could provide would probably be helpful to the new owner.



It's tough to figure out the value of this car. A search online found a few old ads from the UK priced around £15,000, but not much else. This car is for sale here on eBay in Southern California with an undisclosed reserve price.

2 comments:

  1. My very first car, purchased used in 1970, was a 1964 Fiat 1600S, battleship grey. I believe it had an engine built by Masserati. Regrefully, after only 2 months I blew the head gasket and had to replace the engine with a smaller Fiat engine. I still have my pictures as a momento but that's about all. Truly fond memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carlos Monzon ,Kansas,USAMarch 13, 2011 at 5:46 PM

    My father owned a white 1963 Fiat 1600S Osca Pinninfarina with a vynil black/red interior. As a teenager I was fascinated with the sporty and aerodynamic looks of this car and riding in the passenger"s seat was for me the greatest pleasure. After my dad's passing the car was sold and the memory of the car faded in me. I came across these beautiful pictures of this great car and I relieved this memory of my youth. It transported me to times past and made value more the meaning of life. Thank you for the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete