Friday, November 20, 2009

Jaguar XJ6 Series I with Factory Manual Transmission

I once was presented with the opportunity to buy either a '94 XJS 6-cyllinder coupe with a factory 5-speed or a '95 V12 coupe. The 5-speed was rarer (one of about a dozen that year vs. 50 V12 coupes in NA), but I went with the V12 instead. I would have been happier with the 5-speed. Here's another rare opportunity to make the right decision: a Series I XJ6 with a factory manual transmission with overdrive.


This 1973 Jag was imported from Italy, so it has larger headlights and less obtrusive marker lights/turn signals than the Americanized version (as usual), lending a much cleaner look to the subtle and classy silver-green color than bulky amber lenses would. It also lacks air conditioning and seat belts...


I've never seen an XJ6 with a manual transmission, but this is a really good looking car that's maybe just a little stodgy, so what a great way to fun it up a little! The Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust has verified the car's provinence, so we know it's not a retrofit transmission. The seller says the car is in really great condition, the leather is like new, as are the wood and carpets. The body and paint are also very good. The real headline grabber - all power features and gauges work!



Find this car on eBay in New York City. After 23 bids, the price is only up to $2,550 with the reserve not met.

5 comments:

  1. That is just an awesome car. Great find!

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY DAD HAD A SERIES 2 74 MODEL FACTORY MANUAL O/D CAR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is your dad selling it? I like them with manual transmission, automatic one could be a high maintenance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. if anybody is selling xj6, series 1,2 or 3, please let me know. My e-mail gnikolic@yahoo.com
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY BEAUTIFUL series 1.
    do you know were i can get a manual transmission kit for my 85 JX6? (I prefer manual over automatic)
    noone019870@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete